We’re thrilled you are considering joining the CAPS community. We know selecting the school that’s the best fit for your child can often be overwhelming. We’re available to answer any questions you may have each step of the way. Our goal is to empower your child thru high school and thru college so they can unlock the power of a college degree and shape their future. Below we cover some common questions about enrollment.




How much does it cost to attend CAPS?

Absolutely nothing! We are a tuition-free, public charter school.

How do I enroll my child?

1: You must apply online during the open application period before March 19th to ensure eligibility for the lottery. Online forms for each school are found via the links below.

2: If there are more applications received by the deadline than seats available, a lottery will be held.

3: If the lottery is not needed, seats will be awarded to all qualified applicants on a first come, first-served basis.

Are siblings given priority?

This is a great question that we hear often. Please indicate on your application if the child has a sibling attending the schools and that can be factored into the enrollment process.

What paperwork is needed to enroll?

We know there is so much to consider when finding the best place for your child, so we want to make this process as easy as possible. Please see below for what documents we’ll need to enroll your child. Please bring the following documentation upon acceptance:

  • Proof of residency:  property deed, mortgage statement, lease, current utility bill, notarized statement from the landlord which must be accompanied by another proof of residency. The documentation requirement is dependent on resident district criteria.
  • Proof of guardianship (1 of the following): original birth certificate with a raised seal or copy of section of court decree awarding custody.
  • Proof of enrollment in local school district: child’s report card and letter from district indicating you have registered.
  • Proof of immunization: up-to-date immunization record from school or doctor.
  • Proof of physical exam: up-to-date physical examination from doctor.