To be eligible to apply, a student must be entering grades K-9. Grade K students must be at least 5 years old before (or on) October 1 of their kindergarten school year. Other requirements are listed below:
- Any student domiciled within the districts of Asbury Park, Neptune, Bradley Beach, Avon, Long Branch, Neptune City, West Long Branch and surrounding area.
- Any student kept in a home of a person domiciled in the district, other than a parent/guardian, where the parent/guardian is a member of the New Jersey National Guard or the reserve component of the United States Armed Forces and has been ordered into active military service in the United States or abroad in time of war or national emergency.
- Any student whose parent/guardian temporarily resides within the district, notwithstanding the existence of a domicile elsewhere.
- Any student whose parent/guardian moves to another district as a result of being homeless, subject to the provisions of the administrative code.
- Any student placed in the home of a district resident by court order pursuant to statute.
- Any student previously residing in the district if the parent/guardian is a member of the National Guard or the United States Armed Forces reserves and has been ordered to active service in time of war or national emergency pursuant to statute.
- Any student residing on Federal property within the state pursuant to statute.