Research has shown that school uniforms help to facilitate and maintain an effective learning environment as well as to keep the focus of the classroom on learning. CAPCS will require students to be in uniform. We need parents and students to embrace and support this initiative.
- Students must wear shoes black, brown or tan are acceptable. No sneakers, boots, high heels, flip flops, slides, or open-toe shoes.
- All shirts must be tucked in. Belts must be worn. Ties are required with button-down shirts
- Bottoms: All students, regardless of gender, are required to wear Khaki Pants
- Uniform Shirt with school logo
- Outerwear must have the school logo
Should your child fail to meet any of the uniform standards below, a phone call shall be made home to review the uniform policy and to make arrangements for the appropriate uniform item(s) to be delivered to the school. Students who fail to meet the uniform policy shall be subject to the following disciplinary actions.
The first time a Scholar is out of uniform, the administrator and/or In-School support person will contact the Parent/guardian and ask to bring proper uniform clothing for the Scholar.
The second time a Scholar is found out of uniform, the parent/guardian will be contacted and the Scholar will be restricted from participating in chosen elective and/or given detention.
The third time the parents will be notified that the Scholar will receive an In-School Suspension, which may put them at risk for Step Program at the administrator’s discretion
The fourth time parents will be called in for a scheduled meeting with the Administrator/Director regarding the issue.